Wednesday, November 15, 2017

China Day 15 November 1, 2017

Feeling: grossed out after the insects 
Excited for: Not having to sleep on our bed. Jed and I have been having the most vivid crazy dreams sleeping on our box springs
Not excited for: Jed got the dates messed up on our cooking class haha
Miles traveled:  7427
Interesting conversations: I had so many people ask me for pictures at the forbidden city and 2 old men wanted to sit by me and one old man probably said something inappropriate to me in Chinese! 
Best Part of the day: the view from the Jingshan park
The worst part of the day: So Much Walking!!!!
Continents visited: 1
Countries visited: 2
Cities Visited: 4

today we woke up early and headed to the forbidden city. 

we wanted to get there when it first opened so that there would be fewer people there.

We started off by trying to walk through the square in front but for some reason, it was closed at that moment and there were people trying to get us to buy stuff so we left. Jed was so bugged and I told him that I didn't want to hang out with him. it ended up being a discussion on who would survive longer in the country without the other. We came to the conclusion that I would because I had the passports lol.

We got to the forbidden city right as it opened and there were already thousands of people there! holly cow! we walked threw and got our tickets. this is where the first person asked us for a picture. 

We got through the lines and went on the road less traveled. it was fun to see it kinda empty. we went to a few different parts but pretty much just walked straight through. and man was it long we only got asked 3 times to have our pictures were taken which was strange to me.

After we walked through the park next to it. we were so tired but wanted to see the amazing view from above! and it was stunning! highly recommended 

We wanted to see the square. so we walked along the outside of the city and it was hella long! we grabbed some weird doughnut thing but made it to the square. we then researched what happened there but not much was said. again we were starving and caved for some fast food. 

We came home and crashed and watched a movie. this is where I got a crazy head ace! man! it was bad. but Jed got me a coke and I was fine! we went to the ATM and GOT OUR WATER BOTTLE BACK! Thank the lord!

we went to dinner and Jed got curry and I got pork fried rice. we are convinced that Jed needs to go to India because he loves curry! 

until tomorrow guys!
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment